Attention! Here’s What to Look for When Choosing a Tree Service Company
If you are looking for a reliable company in Costa Mesa, Ca what you’ll read below will help you find one that checks all the boxes and is reasonably priced.
See, not all companies are created equal. As with everything else some are better than others.
It’s relatively cheap and easy to start a tree service company in Costa Mesa CA. All you need is a truck and a chainsaw. And for that reason a lot of people do it. Heck, that’s how we started three decades ago.
To distinguish themselves from the well-established companies in Orange County these budding entrepreneurs charge less, which is fine, we all love to save.
To be able to survive while charging less for say tree trimming services in Costa Mesa, CA they skip on things like insurance and if they happen to cause damage to your or your neighbor’s property you will be the one stuck with the bill for the damage repair. And believe me when I say that but property damages can run you a couple of thousands of dollars.
Other companies quote very low prices as a way to get their foot in the door and once they get the job they start adding fees for this and that and you end up paying a small fortune for say, tree removal services in Costa Mesa.
Important Questions You Need to Ask Every Tree Service Company That You Interview:
- Will you provide me with a certificate of insurance and a copy of your work contract?
- What are your credentials? Are you a member of any trade association (like the Tree Care Industry Association)?
- Can you provide me with a list of references from past clients?
- Will you provide me with a detailed estimate?
- How will you handle the job and what equipment will be used for it? – what if they used heavy equipment that would cause damage to your lawn? Who’s going to be responsible for that?
- How long will the job take? – one company might quote two days and other – one
- Would you use spikes to climb trees while pruning? – demand them not to, unless they are removing it.
- Will you be using hardhats and other protective equipment while on my property? – this is a requirement of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and all reputable companies will require their workers to be protected.
Why You Should Call the Costa Mesa Tree Service Pros First
With that being said, here’s a little bit about us. The business was founded 30 years ago as an alternative to the companies that were charging an arm and a leg.
Over time word of mouth spread and the first beat-up truck was replaced by a new one and a few team members were added to the business.
Fast forward to nowadays we have five trucks on the road and a dozen experienced professionals with more than 80 years of combined experience serving Costa Mesa and the surrounding areas in Orange County, California.
In addition, we are licensed, bonded and insured for your peace of mind (again, keep in mind that not everyone is).
List of Tree Care Services We Offer in Costa Mesa, Ca
It’s not going to be an exaggeration to say that whatever you need to be done we would be able to do it in a professional and timely manner.
For the three decades we’ve been in business we have seen everything and that’s why we can help you as well.
Below you’ll find a partial list of the most common service we perform. If you don’t see the one that you need, give us a call.
We work with all our clients to customize our services to fit their needs.
Who Can Benefit the Most from Our Tree Care Services
Below is a list of people (in no particular order) who could benefit the most:
- facility and property managers
What’s good about that is that we use ideas and techniques that work well for businesses and apply them to our residential clients and vice versa.
Costa Mesa Tree Service Cost
We all want to know what the cost would be but there’s no cut and dry answer to that question because no two jobs are the same.
There are a few things that go into consideration when it comes to pricing any job
The major one is the time and the man hours it will take for the job to be completed.
For that reason the best way for getting a detailed estimate is an onsite site visit – that’s something that we do and is free of charge. If all you need is an estimate we would do that to over the phone but it’s just our best guess based on the information you have provided us.
With that being said, the cost vary from a few hundred to a few thousands of dollars. Whatever the case is we discuss the job beforehand to determine the best way to get it done.
For example, if a tree needs to be cut and it’s not an emergency we would suggest to the property owner to postpone it for the slow season when we charge less.
Beware of businesses that give you low estimates. Sometimes, it’s just a way for them to get the job. This is a tactic commonly referred to as bait and switch. By all means, ask for estimates at the beginning of the process of vetting contractors but keep in mind that for a detailed estimate they will need to visit the site to be able to price the job.
Here’s What To Do Next
You should have made up your mind by now whether or not you should call us. If you think we are the company you could trust – give us a call.
Here’s what you could expect:
- to speak with an experienced specialist who knows what he’s talking about. Even if you don’t go with us you will have a second opinion
- if you decide to go with us we will send a team member to the job site to give you an itemized estimate
- we will get the job done (most times you don’t even have to be home for that part) and ask you to confirm that you are 100% satisfied. If you are not – we will redo it to your complete satisfaction
- If you are happy we will process the charge – you can pay with cash, check or credit card